- DEMARS is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all of its User’s.
- The User consents to the Company sending communications to the User and using the information given by the User to the Company for marketing purposes and any applicable third-party integrations.
- The User consents to receive contact from the Company via the Application, email, telephone, post, SMS or via social media networks when and if necessary.
- All information collected is strictly confidential and will be used solely for mutual benefit.
- The Company will take all reasonable and legal steps to protect confidential information and will release the documents only to the relevant authorities under their request or in terms of any regulation which requires such and when necessary for a third-party integration.
The Company may be required to collect and process the following data about its Users:
- 6.1. Information provided by filling in forms on any of the Company website(s) or Application.
- 6.2. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website(s), downloading the Application, subscribing to any of the Company’s services, posting material or requesting further services.
- The Company may also ask the User for information when the User reports any problems with the Website(s) and/or Application.
- If the User contacts the Company a record or transcript of that correspondence may be kept.
- Details of the User’s visits to the Company Website(s) and/or Application or Wallet including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for the Company billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that the User accessed may be kept by the Company.
IP addresses and cookies:
- 10.1. The Company may collect information about the User’s computer or mobile device, including where available the IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about the Company Users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- 10.2. For the same reason, the Company may obtain information about the Users general internet usage by using cookies. Cookies are small software files, typically consisting of numbers and letters, which are placed by a website onto the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access that website.
- 10.3. The User is responsible for ensuring their computer and/or mobile devices settings are correct and can therefore elect to accept or decline cookies.
- 10.4. The Company may place cookies onto any computer, telephone or other device that the User uses to access the Website(s) and/or Application (“Device”). These cookies will enable information to be stored on the Users Device and/or sent to and from the Website(s) and the Users Device(s).
- 10.5. Cookies help the Company improve their Website(s) and/or Application and to deliver better and more personalised service.
10.6. Cookies enable The Company to:
- 10.6.1. estimate the audience size and usage pattern;
- 10.6.2. store information about the Users preferences, and therefore customise and optimize the Website(s) and/or Application according to the Users individual interests;
- 10.6.3. speed up the Users searches; and
- 10.6.4. recognise the User when they return to the Company Website(s) and/or Application.
- 10.7. The User may refuse to accept cookies by refusing to accept the terms and conditions of some of the Company Website(s) and/or Application; or by activating the setting on their internet browser which allows the User to refuse the setting of cookies.
- 10.8. The User must be aware that if he/she does not accept cookies they may be unable to access certain parts of the Company Website(s) and/or Application.
- 10.9. If the User wishes to withdraw their consent, the User must notify the Company immediately and stop accessing the Website(s) and/or Application.
- 10.10. Please note that any third party which the Company uses may also use further cookies; over which the Company has no control over.
Storage of personal data:
- 11.1. The data that the Company collects from the User may be transferred to, and be stored at, a destination outside the Republic of Mauritius. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the Republic of Mauritius who may work for the Company or for one of the Company’s suppliers or third-party integrations. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things the processing of the Users payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting personal data, the User agrees to this transfer, storing or processing.
- 11.3. Where the Company has given the User (or where the User has chosen) a password which enables the User to access certain parts of the Company Website(s) and/or Application, the User is responsible for keeping this password confidential and secure.
- The User understands that unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet or on an Application is not completely secure.
- The Company undertakes to do its best to protect the Users personal data, however the Company cannot guarantee the security of the Users data transmitted to the Website(s) and/or Applications; any transmission is at the Users own risk.
- The Company will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
The information provided to the Company held about the User is and/or can be used in any of the following ways:
- 15.1. to ensure that content from the Website(s) and/or Application is presented in the most effective manner to the User;
- 15.2. to provide the User with information, assistance and services that the Users requests from the Company or which the Company believes may interest the User and where the User has consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 15.3. to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between the Users and the Company and any relevant third parties (in the case of integrations);
- 15.4. to allow the User to participate in interactive features of the Company service, when the User chooses to do so;
- 15.5. to notify the User about any changes to the Company service(s); and
- 15.6. in any other way, the Company deems appropriate to contact the User regarding the User’s use of the account.
Disclosure of The Users information:
- 16.1. The Company may disclose the Users personal information to any member within the Company’s group, which means all